The Macchiaroli Castle is located in the ancient city of Teggiano at the center of the Valley of Diano in the province of Salerno. Built in Norman times, it is among the most important sites in Southern Italy. Belonging to the Princes of Sanseverino, the Castle has been the center of important historical events, including the conspiracy of the barons in 1485. Over the course of centuries the Castle has changed roles, from a medieval, war-torn fortress to a tranquil residence, and ownerships until 1860 when the monumental structure was purchased by the Macchiaroli family.
Today, after the completion of an important restoration including its ancient walkways of war, the majesty of its towers and the removing architectural barriers, the Castle is appointed with elegant and refined furnishings making it an ideal venue for weddings and parties. Its spacious indoor and outdoor locations are ideal for concerts, theatrical events, conventions, conferences, and cultural events.
Castello Macchiaroli’s atmosphere will make you relive the magic of forgone times, and our hospitality and attention to detail will create unforgettable memories to last a lifetime.
- Air conditioning
- A civil ceremony recognized by the City Council
- Glass elevator structures to avoid architectural barriers
- Valet Parking on request
- Babysitter and kids animation on request
- Four-legged friends are welcome
- Guided visits to the Castle
- Guided visits to the historical town center of Teggiano
- Guided visits to places of interest of the Vallo di Diano
Spaces for events
- Outdoors: 500 guests
- Indoors: 370 guests
- Rooms: 3 Suites of about 750 sq ft
- Audio System
- Projection Screen for video projector
- Prepared by the professional chefs of the Castle in a state-of-the-art kitchen